Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is a freebie. I decided to write about the Top 10 Classics I’ve Never Read But Plan to This Year. Here they are:
1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I’ve picked up this book to read 3 different times and just have never finished it. It’s on my list to start this week. I enjoyed what I did read of it but I always get distracted. Hopefully this time I will finish it.
2. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. This novel intimidates me because of its content but I want to give it a try.
3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I started reading this when I was maybe 14 but for some reason never finished it. I think it’s time I gave it another shot.
4. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. This has been at the bottom of my TBR pile for a couple of years.
5. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. This is another one that I started but never finished. I think I was still an undergrad at the time and got busy with school and just never picked it back up.
6. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I’m not sure why I’ve never read this.
7. Grimm’s Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm. I’ve always wanted to read these and just never got around to it.
8. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I had never heard of this until the movie came out in 2012. I have no idea why it had never crossed my path but after seeing the movie I knew I wanted to read the novel. In my opinion, the book is always better than the movie.
9. The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. This is another that has been at the bottom of my TBR pile for a few years.
10. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. This novel intimidates me due to its size. I’ve been wanting to read it for years but I’ve always felt like I didn’t have time. This year I’m going to make time for it.
Are there any Classics that you plan to read this year? Also what topic did you pick for this week’s TTT? I’d love to hop over to your blog and read yours.