Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Heroines. This is such a hard topic because there are so many book heroines I love that it’s hard to pick. I love a girl who can kick butt and doesn’t need a boy to save her. There are a lot of things I can say about this topic but let’s just get right into my list.
- Mary “Jacky” Faber from the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer. She’s an orphan and she kicks butt and makes her own way in the world by herself from the age of 12 when she disguises herself as a boy.
- Hermoine Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Do I even need to say anything more.
- Tris from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. She kicks butt.
- Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Catelyn Travis from the Call Me Cat series by Karpov Kinrade. She takes a job as a phone sex operator to make ends meet and she is just awesome in the way she handles herself.
- Sara from Heart of Fire by Mary Lennox. She leaves her family to go in search of the Heart of Fire knowing that her uncle wants her dead.
- Harley from the No Regrets series by Lauren Blakely. She ends up in Love and Sex Addicts Anonymous. Her mom is just a terrible person but Harley manages to do her own thing.