Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is a Halloween themed freebie. I chose to do Top Ten Horror Books. There are several Stephen King books on the list but I really enjoy his writing and they are definitely terrifying.
1. It by Stephen King. Who could like clowns after reading this?
2. Insomnia by Stephen King. This book will cause you to have insomnia which will just creep you out even more! (or at least it did me)
3. Finders Keepers by Stephen King. The entire Bill Hodges trilogy is pretty creepy but this one was my favorite.
4. The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. This book is just fantastic.
5. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.
6. The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson. The story of what happens when you move into a murder house.
7. Horns by Joe Hill. This brings new meaning to the phrase “your own personal hell”.
8. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
9. Dracula by Bram Stoker.
10. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.