Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit. When I first started thinking about this topic I couldn’t come up with anything at all. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there are some things I want to quit.
1. I always check out too many books from the library at one time and always end up returning several of them unread. I need to stop doing this and only check out the number of books that I can read during the time I have them.
2. I want to stop reading books where a character basically has no backbone and lets people walk all over them or is just way too submissive for their own good.
3. I want to stop buying new books until I read the ones I own. I own over 1000 kindle books and I know I haven’t read a majority of them but every time there is a sale or a free book for kindle I can’t help but get more. I want to stop or I’m never going to be able to read all of the books I have. (This is not even counting the 20+ books I physically own that I haven’t read yet).
4. I spend too much time focusing on how far into a book I’ve read and how much I’ve got left instead of just enjoying the book and the journey it is taking me on.
5. I don’t always take the time to write the review for a book once I’ve finished reading it. Sometimes I wait a month or longer which isn’t good because then the review is not the same quality that it would have been had I written it earlier.
6. I used to be bad about pushing through to the end of a book even if it takes me months and I absolutely hate the story. Now I know it’s okay to not finish a book. There isn’t enough time to read all the wonderful books out there so I shouldn’t waste time on ones that aren’t working for me.
7. I used to feel like I haven’t accomplished anything if I’ve read less than 3 books in a week. Now I realize that it’s better to just go at my own pace and read what I can when I can. Which I guess it’s good I figured this out now than in December after my baby is born since I’m sure reading will be put on the back burner while I adjust to life as a mom.