A Second Chance
Dana K. Ray
Publication date: June 14th 2016
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult
A past she can’t forget…
Raven will do just about anything to forget a horrific event from the past that still haunts her. Forced to attend church because of a promise she made at a party, she is immediately attracted to the young, handsome preacher but is unconvinced of his promises of a better life.
A future he refuses to accept…
Matthew has everything planned out until Raven walks into his church and turns his life upside down. Repulsed by her lifestyle, yet fascinated by her beauty and charm, he finds himself drawn to her by a force he can’t explain.
Raven and Mathew’s unlikely friendship leads them through escalating troubled waters that threaten to doom their growing relationship. Will they survive to learn valuable lessons of grace, forgiveness and love?
- A Second Chance-Dana K.Ray, that’s a given! It’s a gutsy, fun fast read dealing with forgiveness and hope. Okay, that was a shameless plug but you’ll really love it. Go buy it! Amazon // Website
- Go Ask Alice-Anonymous. I read this when I was a young teen and it has stuck with me. It still sits on the shelf above my desk. I believe it stopped me from experimenting further into drugs then I did and saved my life. It’s raw and real. If your teen or tween want to read it, you need to read it first. It’s intense and you may not fell it’s appropriate. Because of where I was at in my teen years, I needed the realty punch.
- Harry Potter-J.K. Rowling. Okay, I could get seven out of the way if I listed them out but that’s kinda cheating, huh? So I’ll list the seven as one. Deathly Hallows was my favorite.
- Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins. Again, I could end my list by naming all three but I won’t. I liked Catching Fire the best. I’m team Peta.
- The Host-Stephanie Meyer. I’m not really a sci-fi kinda gal but when my daughter said I’d like it, she was right. It’s a different kind of book.
- The Shining-Stephen King. Okay, almost anything by King but The Shining has always been my favorite, I think because it’s the first one by him that I read.
- The Stephanie Plum Series-Janet Evanovich. Truth, I’ve only read the first five but man they were funny and good! A fun fast read!
- The Atonement Child-Francine Rivers. One of my all-time favs. Deals with some deep subjects. Beautiful love story!
- Bridges of Madison County-Nicholas Sparks. Iowa holds a special place in my heart since I was born and raised there. I have been to the bridge and it’s pretty cool.
- Absolution-Dana K. Ray. It’s about two brothers, one womand and one bullet. It comes out in July 2017. Like my Facebook page or website to stay updated on the first book in the Luciano Series. (And yes, that was another shameless plug)
Dana K. Ray has been writing gutsy, true to life stories since she became a teenager. A full-time children’s minister in her church, she and her husband reside in the Midwest with their four children and four dogs. A Second Chance is her first published novel. Absolution, the first in the Luciano series, is set to be released July 2017. Connect with her at danakray.com.
a Rafflecopter giveaway